Annual Conference 2017
Date: Thursday evening, July 27 – Sunday noon, July 30
Location: Central Christian School, 3970 Kidron Rd, Kidron, OH 44636
Theme: Lead: Make the Most of Every Opportunity
New this year!! 2017 AC Bulletin and Lodging Guide
The program booklets you’ve become accustomed to will not be distributed ahead of time, but will be available at the information table when you check in at Conference.
Why do I need to register? Can I just show up?
All attendees need to register. As many of you may have experienced, hosting Annual Conference is a big undertaking. As attendees, you can make the job of the hosting community easier by letting them know your plans ahead of time. Registering before the event demonstrates support and appreciation for those who are working hard to make your conference experience a great one.
Some important things to note regarding registration:
- Please register online as it is the fastest and most efficient way to register.
- In home lodging closes on July 1, so register today to assure availability!
- When you register, you will be able to request in-home lodging, note in-home lodging preferences/needs, sign up for Taste of Missions (necessary for the food prep for snacks served afterwards), and sign up for the meals you will be eating while at Conference. All of this information will be used to plan more effectively and efficiently.
How do I register my children?
- A separate link is available to register children ages 0-6th grade for childcare and classes. Grades are determined by the last grade completed. We are using the KidCheck online program again this year. If you already have an account set up through your church or from last year, you can use that same account to register again this year. Please make sure all previous account information is accurate and up-to-date. If you don’t already have a KidCheck account, set up a free KidCheck account first. Setting up the KidCheck account is the first step in a two-step process. After setting up your account, you will need to follow the Children’s Registration link to actually register your child(ren).
- If you are registering infants please be sure to include the following information in the “note” section of your child’s registration:
- How does your baby fall asleep?
- Does your baby have a favorite blanket/
- How long does your baby usually nap?
- Any other information that will help care givers provide the best possible care for your infant.
- Please note: If you are requesting in home lodging, you will still need to fill out your children’s information in the “In Home Lodging” section of the main registration form.
Annual Conference has always been a donation-only event. There are of course many expenses involved in operating a conference of this size, and in recent years donations have not covered the entire cost of the event. This year we have a suggested donation amount per adult to cover the cost of the conference.
Adults – $105 (Covers the cost of sessions and meals for the entire weekend. Per day cost is $35.)
Youth and Children ages 17 and under are free
You will be able to place your donation in the offering on Saturday morning or Saturday evening, in a bucket in the food line, or you can stop by the registration table and make a donation with your credit card. If you are able to do so, consider giving more to help cover the cost of those who are not able to make a donation.
If you’re unable to register online, contact Jenell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.857.1234.
What is Annual Conference?
Annual Conference is held each year, typically the last weekend of July or the first weekend in August, and is a family-friendly event with activities for children of all ages.
Rosedale Mennonite Missions kicks off the weekend on Thursday evening with a “Taste of Missions” program. Friday’s schedule consists of individual meetings and classes for toddlers, school age, high school, young adult, women, and men. There is also a separate meeting on Friday for ministers. A corporate conference program is scheduled for Friday evening through Sunday morning with childcare provided for infants and toddlers.
Upcoming Conference Locations:
2017 – Central Christian School, Kidron, OH – July 27-30
2018 – Montgomery, IN – July 19-22
2019 – Plain City, OH
2020 – Grantsville, MD