Selecting a Model for Time-Keeping and Implementing It
- The Art of Christian Leadership by Jon Byler, 2009, (Amazon), Chapter 5
- Leading and Managing Your Church, Carl George, Chapters 3, 4, & 5
- The Productive Pastor provides a number of practical and helpful tools for managing your time in a variety of ministry settings.
Keeping Balance in Family, Church, and Outside Employment
- The Art of Christian Leadership by Jon Byler, 2009, (Amazon), Chapter 6
Budgeting Personal Finances
- Worth’s Income Tax Guide for Ministers 20__ Edition J. Worth
- The Pastor and Personal Finances by Jim Bryant with LifeWay
- Clergy Personal Finance Resources – A series of short videos on personal budgeting for clergy developed by Lewis Center and Wesley Theological Seminary. (5-8 Minutes)
- Top 20 Christian Financial Websites – A listing of Christian websites on financial management.
Understanding Church Finances
- A Budget Primer For Young Pastors
- The Art of Christian Leadership by Jon Byler, 2009, (Amazon), Chapter 14
- Mastering Church Finances, Wayne Pohl, (Amazon)
- Church Budgeting 101 – Church budgeting with recommended percentages in four key areas
Reading the Bible
- Free Bible Reading Plan – A reading plan to cover the Bible in one year, including OT and NT readings with selections from Psalms and Proverbs.
- Daily Bible Study Plan – A five-part video series on creative ideas for developing a habit of 20 minutes each day alone with God. (15 minutes each)
- My Personal Prayer Time – Scriptural prayer starters for personal time with God.
- Ignite: 102 Ways to Talk with God Together and Alone – Rosedale Mennonite Missions
- Talking with God: What to Say When You Don’t Know How to Pray by Adam Weber (Amazon)
- Prayer: Conversing with God by Rosalind Rinker (Amazon)
- Prayer Journey – Five videos that encourage you to start your journey in prayer. (1-2 minutes each)
- Prayer Podcasts – Pray as you go (online) includes music, scripture reading, brief commentary, and questions for reflection. (10 minutes each)
Practicing Community Accountability
- Pastoral Accountability – CMC’s Equipper series features Mel Shetler speaking on Pastoral Accountability. (14 Minutes)
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster (Amazon)
- Reflections on Fasting – Three pastors share their personal reflections on fasting. (Seven Minutes)
- Why Do Christians Fast? – John Piper discusses biblical reasons why Christians fast. (12 Minutes)
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero (Amazon)
- The Pastor’s Sabbath – Eugene Peterson describes the need for pastors to take a day of rest each week.
- The Principle of Rest – Pastor Robert Morris discusses the reason why God gave the third commandment. (32 Minutes)
- Work and Rest – Pastor Timothy Keller discusses work and rest. (42 Minutes)